Tuesday, April 20, 2010

God is good. In spite of my procrastination, the pre-cancer was caught before it could develop. Early detection Ladies....and , believe me, I am the worst at getting those yearly tests....for anything. Thanks to Dr Aimee, a baseline mammogram for the newly prescribed estrogen was ordered. Left to myself, I might not have had one until I actually had cancer and maybe it would have been at a stage that is not so hopeful.

My surgery is May 7....outpatient. They are removing atypical cells that , left unremoved, would make me 10 times more likely to develop cancer. No more estrogen for me.....I will have to learn to compensate with my "foggy" brain. :)

Message here for me: Mammograms. Yearly. No excuses.

***late note: Dan, Taffy's husband. told me it was good to have found this when I did....He said "you may need 'your parts' someday soon." I laughed so hard and said "not likely!"

1 comment: